Sunday, September 11, 2011
Forget me nots
There seem to be so many things that we so easily forget in the daily lives of our children. I am trying to get these thoughts on paper before they escape my aging mind. A few months back, Grant made up some crazy song that went, "if you call my son a poop, I will come and fire you". It's pretty darn funny when he sings it and we had forgotten about it, until we found it recorded on the MP3 toy player. Speaking of songs, Ellie from about the age of 2 to 5 would recite the same exact request when we tucked her in at night, it went something like this....."I love you with all my heart, say goodnight to all my friend, wish them a happy birthday, I love you, Conga, good night" I must have heard this saying 300 times and it just became a tradition after sometime. Then at some point you think, Oh when did she stop saying that? I remember that little phrase. Lucy is so nastalgic about her goose. She actually got the goose from Ellie who was given goose by her birthmother. Lucy and her goosie have been best friends since birth. She carried that goose around, rubbed it til it was brown, loved goose so much his feathers came off, oh and goose is a "he" according to Lucy. She just told me today at age 9 that when she's upset she will run up to her room and find goose on her bed, and snuggle him and it makes her feel better. She has a new friend too, Mr. Penguins, he is a small cuddle pillow pet, and it was love at first sight when she unwrapped him for her birthday! And Amelia Jane, well she has a soft, pink blanket she calls "nigh night". She carried this blankey around all the time. Every morning when she crawls into my bed for our morning cuddle, she has her nigh night, and it aways in her polk a dot bathrobe! I tell her she is our little old lady as she walks around in her robe, it's so cute. She has to have her blankey to sleep and it has to be folded just right on her pillow. When she was about 3, I tried to replace it for an identical new one, and she would have nothing to do with it. She liked the oldness, the smell, and the pilled up fabric of the one and only nigh night she so dearly loves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment