Wednesday, August 24, 2011

a funny......

ok, I know I have not blogged in like forever....... so it was tempting not to enter this post, because it's late and I don't want to catch up on the last 4 months right now!  So Ellie has been going through some emotional hills and valley's (we'll say) and they can change from one moment to the next--she is 11.  So tonight on Grant's bed her and I are talking and Grant is quietly minding his own business playing with his matchbox cars.  I say, "Ellie why do you have to be so?"  As I paused looking for a word, Grant stops what he's doing. Looks up at us.  And says, in a quiet drawn out whisper......."Crabbbbby"?  It was just what we needed to break the silence and to get Ellie and I laughing hysterically:)  Then he says while lowering his chin and his eyebrows simultaneously in the lowest voice her can muster, "ok, Mr. Grumpy Gills".  Just had to journal this one, I know I may not remember this next week:)

No comments: